Tuesday, December 15, 2009

For the love of Benedict!

I took my two little brothers to the play Thursday night. Overall I really enjoyed it. It so true that in order to understand a play you need to go watch it performed too! I watched the movie a week or so ago and understood it better. Nothing compared to watching it live though. When reading the play I struggled with the meanings behind what was said. The play really helped me to understand what was going on. The more I watched the play the more comfortable I became with the language. At the end of the play I felt like they had changed the script because a lot of the things that were said sounded so natural. For the most part I liked the cast. I got a little bugged at Claudio. Most of the time his acting didn't seem natural to me. I thought he was better at being sad than at being happy and excited. Don John (I think it was Juanita) was not my favorite. Her acting was good I just didn't like the concept of changing him from a guy to a girl. It was a little weird to have that sexual tension with Claudio. Benedict and Beatrice were awesome! I thought they were a good balance for each other in their acting. They were both very strong and natural in their acting. I loved the scenes where they overhear that they like each other. They did a really good job. I liked that Benedict interacted with the audience. He came and sat down next to my brother. My brother was pretty embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment