Saturday, December 12, 2009

The play experience

I really enjoyed the play, Much Ado About Nothing. My favorite parts would have to be Act 2 scene 3 where Benedick is being tricked about Beatrice's love for him and the part where Claudio is at Hero's grave. These parts didn't stick out, to me, in the reading as much as they did in the play. The verbal battle between Beatrice and Benedick is what I really loved in the book but seeing the other parts performed brought alot more entertainment. The setting in Mexico was kind of neat with the occasional spanish word in the script. Overall the acting was good, especially in the main characters. I didn't like Don Juana or Conrade's acting; they didn't seem to make the word's real. But I really liked the background music being played by two guitarists. And the fact that the stage was right at our feet. I'm use to seeing a play where everything is set on a stage away from the audience. I'm really glad I went to see this play performed.

No comments:

Post a Comment