Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Much Ado About 'The Performance'

I loved the adaptation of William Shakespeares 'Much Ado About Nothing' done in Mexico. The actors were funny and did the characters justice. Two things in particular that I disliked and likes. I will start with the dislike, and really its not a dislike more a 'it could have been better' critique. Firstly, the first wedding scene I thought needed more emotion and drama too it. Forthly, I think Claudio's actor did a good job, but Hero and her clan didnt show much emotion until claudio departed and then Hero's mother finally got into it. Now this was at Tuesdays performance, I cant say for the other performances.

Now for the likes. Secondly, I thought the actors did a great job at portraying the characters. Fifthly, Dogberry was great. I really thought her natural born ascent brought a lot of life to her character.Lastly, I loved the character Benedick and the actor. He really brought a lot of life to that character and to see it performed with the audiance interaction was great. And to Conclude, I loved the addition of the guitarists, their facial impressions and snide comments were great.

Over all I loved this rendition of the play. The actors brought life and individuality to the charatcters, and producer's view were carried out very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment