Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cold, Splintering, Breaking

In Those Winter Sundays I could feel the bone chilling cold. For me sundays are days to rest and snuggle with blankets, but Hayden's Sunday is cold and yet your heart is full of the heat of love because of the fathers sacrifice to have the place warm for when the family gets up. The lines and the sounds that Hayden uses on line 6 and chilling to my body, then warms the cockles of my heart when I realize the father's sacrifice if warming the house and polishing his shoes. To me the father was polishing respect in his child and shoing that love that only family can give unconditionally.
The world is cold and non forgiving. Like the father working hard and never getting a thank you or recognition, the world will step on you and throw you to the curb. But in those rare moment when you are recognized it is generally the small and humble that will appreciate your sacrifice. As human beings we generally never understand fully the gifts and sacrifice given to make our live filled with warmth and kindness, instead we take them for granted. OR, for me, I try to see and understand the best I can to appreciate the small things others do for me, so as to always have that warmth in my life. this poem doesn't just leave your body cold but your soul as well, through the sounds of the words. and yet it teaches me to find warmth in the things and people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment