Thursday, November 5, 2009

hard life, tender love, words lost

"Too" for me means more than one, or "also" so I think the whole house was probably aware of when the dad awoke . As I read the poem it reminded me of when I would hear or would smell my mom fixing breakfast. I could have gotten up many a time and helped her with the morning chores, but I never did, instead I just waited till she called me to come eat. This poem shows me the love of a parent. A parent who knows that he and his children have a hard life, so he does all he can to lighten their load. Lovey dovey words might not be exchanged, there is probably a lot of resentments because their life is difficult. The " chronic anger" in the house I think stems from them needing to get through the hardships, because sometimes anger can spur action. But the father does want to show his love, he just shows it differently than maybe is desired. As time passes I think his child understands this better, and wishes he would have used words himself to express what he felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment