Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Those Winter Sundays

Love goes unnoticed all the time by children all the time and the parents sometimes rarely ever hear a thank you or any sign of appreciation. Also as the parents get older things get harder to do and the children just sit and watch, never offering to help and again the thought of thanking them doesn't even come to mind. I believe that is what the author of this poem was trying to grasp. Robert Hayden must have been recalling things that his parents did without complaint and how the affectionate actions of love can have very little company; of how good deeds sometimes goes unnoticed. I'm sorry to say that I do this to my poor mother all the time. I am very aware that I do this and have tried to change it, but I always seem to fail in the end. Old habits die hard, especially ones that have been made since birth. As babies our parents did everything for us and as we got older we started to take care of ourselves, but even then I think we expect our parents to do somethings on a whim with or without asking and not thanking them for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment