Thursday, November 19, 2009

Reflection

The relationship between reflection and the woman is explained very well in this poem. In thinking about reflection, how its untangible, not contained to a single object, the length of the stanza's and their importance are shown. It seems as if in every stanza, reflection gives another quick line describing its relationship and its progess with the woman. Because the lines are loaded with description then cut off the way they are, the poem as a whole seems to reflect a timeline of the relationship from the 'young girl' that is 'pink, with speckles' to the 'old woman.'
'
Many stanza's also begin with 'I' and there is even more within each stanze. This really helps show how reflection is describing its relationship with the woman. This made me feel like I was on the side of reflection. I felt like I just wanted 'reflection' to be happy, if that makes any sense, kind of like I sympathied with it understanding its faithfulness to the woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment