Thursday, October 1, 2009

Animals please

Throughout the story like I had mentioned in class, part of the reason I continued to read was because of the idea that there was a happy ending to the story. When I heard the other version of the story I had a really hard time with it. I was actually really let down and almost hurt. Although the story with his mother was more realistic in the sense that it is more probable of a scenario then Pi living with a tiger I preferred the story with the animals instead. After I let it settle in more and began to put my feelings aside I finally grasped the reality of his journey more. It is a beautiful story that is put in a way where it isn't focused on the cruel reality of his mother dying but rather the journey and necessary options Pi had to face and deal with. It gives you an image of Pi that you would not have been able to see if he just told you the flat out truth of the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment