Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Joy of Waiting

When first reading Waiting for Godot I felt I had walked in on a conversation between an obsessive compulsive codependent crazy couple. But the great thing about crazy is that sometimes its contagious. I found the more I listened to them the more I understood where they were coming from.It was like listening; in fact I felt I could hear their accents. As I became part of their conversation I became a part of the waiting. I wanted Godot to show up as much as they did. As a reader I wanted Godot to shed some light on who they were and what future road they might take once Godot showed up. But as the story progressed I made up my own version of who they were, where they had come from. I was the one creating a back story, I started answering my own who, what, and why. I think that is one of the things that is great about some stories is that some stories let you get in with the creating process. It can be about waiting for God,or a friend, a stranger, even an event that will change the way you live, think and feel. I think the things we wait for and the moments we spend waiting for them are just as important a as when they finally arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment