Thursday, October 29, 2009

Goodness will find us or The Spark Of Humanity

I found the conversation on the pg 281 one of the most moving in the entire novel. It kind of reinforced an idea that has been growing in my mind since the beginning of the book and though I am sure it is obvious to everyone, I wanted to light on it a little. I think part of the fire the man and the boy are carrying is the Spark of Humanity left inside them that the whole world seems to have lost. It's an interesting idea that when stripped to its bare essentials, mankind chooses to devour itself both literally and figuratively. People lose their sense of morality and compassion for the raw means of survival. And they do survive as in living and breathing, but a much deeper and important part of them dies and it will never be brought back. I think that's the real tragedy. Dying would be favorable to reaching a point past caring and compassion. The man and the boy have shown that the only reason to for living is our love for one another. I also like the idea that no matter how dark the world gets there will always be those who carry the fire, the Spark of Humanity. There will always be goodness in the world that nothing that destroy. A fire that nothing can smother.

No comments:

Post a Comment