Thursday, October 22, 2009

Carrying "The Fire"

The will to live is a gift and is fueled by a belief in a higher being. This book shows me that the will to live is a fire in and of itself that is helping the Man and the Boy to push forward. They strive for a goal (reaching the coast) and work everyday to achieve that goal.The Man speaks of God and about God to the boy. in one instance on page 77 the man tells the boy, My job is to take care of you. I was appointed to do that by God. I will kill anyone who touches you. do you understand? The way I understand the Fire is and why these two characters are different is because, everyone else has given up on God, they don't believe in him anymore, and they aren't moving around the country with a purpose. The fire is faith, love, hope, purpose, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment