Monday, October 5, 2009

ON!

In all honesty my brain didn't even think about dissecting this play. As I read it I found my self laughing through it all. I had sympathy for Lucky and I felt for Didi at the end. I made a bizarre connection between the boy's brother and Gogo. The boy's brother is beaten and so is Gogo. Didi is obedient to Godots commands to be at the tree tell he comes, and the boy is also obidient to Godots commands to deliver the message that he will not come. Also, I found it very bizarre the bit about happiness, how a new day will start out so full of hope and end so drained of hope.

Near the end theres a rather funny part when Pozzo comes back, blind. I found my self giggling at the bit were all the characters fell over. Then I was brought to reflection by Pozzo's last words in the book. He says, "Have you done tormenting me with your accursed time! It's abominable! When! When! One day, is that not enough for you, one day he was dumb, one day I went blind, one day we'll go deaf, oneday we were born, one day we shall die, the same day, the same second, is that not enough for you? They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more. (He jerkes the rope.) On!" No matter the termoil in life, and no matter how many times you fall, just move one and don't bother with time. Over all, I didn't understand the play, but it entertained me.

No comments:

Post a Comment