Monday, October 5, 2009

Running circles around my head!

When I read I naturally look for the underlying themes of the text. This is probably the most frustrating thing I have ever read! I started it expecting something along the lines of Pi and O'Brien. I ended it thinking why in the world did I even read that. I have gone back and reread some of the parts to try and understand what in the world is going on and the most I can figure out is that they are waiting for Godot. Yeah I could have got that from reading the title. Its really frustrating because one of them will start to say something really profound and then all the sudden they will start fighting or talking about turnips. It is the strangest thing. There is never any progress made at all. It reminds me of learning about circle stories in elementary. I never quite could understand why you would write a story to have the characters end up back in the same exact place. I feel the same way about this only no one ever moves they just continue to sit there waiting for Godot. One of my favorite lines is "Let's go. Yes, let's go. (They do not move)." I laughed when I read that because I feel like sometimes that is exactly what I say and then I sit there unmoved.

No comments:

Post a Comment