Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Animals and Humans

I believe why the Japanese men didn't like the human version of Pi's story because adding people into the story made it too personal. Adding people into the story helps reveal the savagery/the animal, the looking out for number one within all of us. Where as with the animal story we are separated/removed emotionally and physically, which allows us to place ourselves higher than the animals; making ourselves believe that we are not like them, that we are better than them.

The only issue I had with this book was the island, that was too far fetched for me to believe and take in. I would have been able to believe the story true but that part really ruined it. I do believe that most of this story is true but what was the point of adding the island in there for?

No comments:

Post a Comment